Firstly thank you for your trust in reaching out to our panel at Guru Circus and for being so open and honest with your question.
You already have a good level of awareness about what is happening and what your patterns are. The work that you have done on yourself is not wasted, it is part of your process and forms your foundations for moving forward, even if it doesn’t feel like it now. Roots take time to grow deep into the earth and so often it feels like nothing much is happening on the surface, despite the work we do on ourselves and the experiences we may be having.
At this fragile stage it is especially important to get any support that you may need, perhaps you could ask yourself: ‘What kind of support do I need and where could I get it?’ Write down ideas and choose what feels best for you, whether it is trusted friends, family members, professional support, a therapy that feels right for you, or a combination, then take action, reach out.
Here are some questions to reflect on:
1. What if there was a part of you, a deeper, wiser, loving self that given a chance could gradually emerge and give you lifelong guidance and support? What would that deeper wiser self be saying to you now? (Could it be that this deeper wiser self is already in action, in that she has helped you write and post this question to our panel?)
2. What if this part of you that is suffering was a dear friend or someone you really cared for? What would you do? How would you treat them? Would you give them comfort, safety, reassurance, nurturing? What one thing could you do today to look after that part of you?
3. In what ways could you find safe and healthy ways of sharing or expressing some of your emotions and 100 mph thoughts? Could it be journal writing, talking to someone, what else helps you to express and connect to yourself?
4. What if this was an opportunity to begin to build a trusting and loving relationship with yourself? In what ways could you begin to do that?
5. What do you need most right now and how could you begin to meet those needs?
You can do it, there are always ways forward, and there is support out there, as well as great resources for support. Louise Hay comes to mind, do look her up on You Tube, especially her classic book ‘You Can Heal Your Life’.
You can do it, you will move on and do make sure you get some proper support as a gesture and statement to yourself that you matter enough to take care of yourself.
Sending you good wishes for your path ahead, tread gently, one day at a time.